Cheering the cPanel new design !

Kevin D.

We have a new cpanel design here :D

Brand new feeling when logged into and so proud when we're unique.

Cheering HawkHost ;)

I'm glad you like it - we're still going to tweak it a bit but we're fond of having it be unique to us while still being simple and clean. Look for some new features soon as well :)!

It is not available on all servers and some servers unfortunately may never see our branded skin but instead only the features we add.

Why are you planning on not having it on all servers? It seems a bit of a shame to only give it to some members and not all. Fair enough it is not a big thing but it is something i would like to see and use.

Why are you planning on not having it on all servers? It seems a bit of a shame to only give it to some members and not all. Fair enough it is not a big thing but it is something i would like to see and use.

When we were smaller we could not afford to having separate servers for each type of service. So we have machines where reseller and shared web hosting is going on. We would not want our resellers having our skin and plugins specific to hawk host showing up on their customers control panels. The machines that have the new skin have *.hawkhost.com hostnames.

Most likely all shared web hosting customers will see the skin when the day comes that we're able to somehow split the machines. I just don't know when that would happen as it would need to make sense for us financially. There is also complications with our legacy servers in Dallas where the VLAN we're on provided problems for us when we upgraded machines last time.

As I said though any features would show up on the servers. So if we added say CPU usage data to *.hawkhost.com servers it would also be added to all machines not strictly *.hawkhost.com. It would be strictly cosmetic changes specific to hawkhost that could not be added.

More things coming down the pipeline. With CloudLinux deployment starting this week as each server gets CloudLinux installed you'll see this appear in the cPanel:

No Usage:

post-2-046067100 1282505919_thumb.png

Some Usage:

post-2-043806800 1282506254_thumb.png

The CPU, Memory and I/O data is pulled directly from CloudLinux. it is AJAX powered so it will not slow down a page and it looks exactly like the other cPanel features. The reason it is AJAX powered is it takes about 5 seconds to generate the percentage report. Decided to add inodes as well since right now it's sort of like this unwritten rule don't go over this amount. So we decided why not put an actual number to it and put it in cPanel as well. People have asked about it in the past so we easy enough to add.

Also the limits right now are up in the air and they're percentage of the machine. We left default values there when testing and building out the new features into cPanel