Legal adult content allowed?

Alexander

Hi.

Legal adult content allowed on shared hosting?

I would be interesting in hosting at your company if you allow adult content.

I have a blog for adults that have a warning page regarding the content and a disclaimer, no minor’s stories on it.

I do not care if you have a reserved IP for this kind of blogs, as long as that IP is not blacklisted, I do not want to suffer from search engines, because the rest of the websites are not adult related.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

I wish to start a website in this same category. When look through your catalog you offer "semi-dedicated servers' and "virtual private servers" and I do not know if this has the same meaning as "a dedicated IP". Can you please summarize or itemize which of the multitude of options in your catalog of "All Products" apply to my situation of adult content hosting?

Thank you,

- Cain

All of our hosting plans allow adult content. You should select the plan that suits your technical needs, which in most cases would be a shared hosting (https://www.hawkhost.com/shared-web-hosting) package. If you need more resources but still a shared environment then you'd opt for semi-dedicated, and a VPS would be if you needed complete control over the entire hosting environment.

> Only thing is I recommend you purchase a dedicated IP for your site if you're worried about being blacklisted because of other sites on the same IP as you.

It would seem this should be the other way around:

A dedicated IP should be used so the the other sites are not blacklisted

by virtue of sharing an IP with an adult site.

Or, maybe all adult sites should be segregated to an "Adult only" server, if someone doesn't want or otherwise need their own IP.

8 hours ago, tgonhawk1 said:

> Only thing is I recommend you purchase a dedicated IP for your site if you're worried about being blacklisted because of other sites on the same IP as you.

It would seem this should be the other way around:

A dedicated IP should be used so the the other sites are not blacklisted

by virtue of sharing an IP with an adult site.

Or, maybe all adult sites should be segregated to an "Adult only" server, if someone doesn't want or otherwise need their own IP.

There are issues with that because of just how many web sites we host and also:

• What is considered adult content?  The definition is going to be different depending on a persons region. 
  • We have no way of forcing users to disclose what they're hosting
  • How do you handle a user with non adult content on one domain but not on another

Even if we didn't allow adult content it be on our network as we cannot control user content in such a manner nor would any user want us to be such a provider.  Also why stop at adult content?  I'm sure there are users who don't want to be on the same IP as say a church web site.  Or maybe they don't want to be on the same IP as a website from the United States.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...