Random Mascot and Logo Concepts

Tony

I like the current hawk host logo...it has wings.

The current mascot is a vast improvement than the mascot here.

1a & 1b - not too bad. Wonder how it'll look if replaced with current logo and mascot.

3a & 3b - reminds me of bugs bunny.

4a & 4b - mascot looks stunted with an overly big head.

There you go, just contributed a couple of rude opinions since you asked for it.

I have just realised how evil and miserable the "hawk" looks. If you look at the face of it, it just looks a bit evil. It doesn't look happy or cheerful.

Our plans to take over the world have been foiled.

In all seriousness which hawk are you referring to? The main mascot or the one in this thread?

All of them do. For example your avatar especially looks evil as it is look down slightly and it eyes are a bit small and looks like he is an evil villian waiting for you to turn away. It is the same for all of them including the one on the homepage but it does look better as the mascot has his thumbs up as it makes him look a bit friendlier and welcoming.

I hadn't noticed it before now so it is nothing major but just looking at all those images just made me notice it as i never really paid much attention to the mascot previously. He just doesn't look as welcoming as maybe he should (and could be) but I think i am just looking into it a bit too deeply :D

All of them do. For example your avatar especially looks evil as it is look down slightly and it eyes are a bit small and looks like he is an evil villian waiting for you to turn away. It is the same for all of them including the one on the homepage but it does look better as the mascot has his thumbs up as it makes him look a bit friendlier and welcoming.

I hadn't noticed it before now so it is nothing major but just looking at all those images just made me notice it as i never really paid much attention to the mascot previously. He just doesn't look as welcoming as maybe he should (and could be) but I think i am just looking into it a bit too deeply :D

I can definitely see that, I interpret it as more of a sly slick look .. self confident etc. Hmm!

Im Mikael, the designer who made the old and the new HawkHost mascot and logo. Actually we are revising the mascot and logo and I wanna ask your suggestions, any ideas?

Oh, you mean the mascot and logo shown in this thread are the new revisions? Sorry...I thought they were the first drafts and subsequently abandoned in favor of what's currently in hawkhost.com.

Are there any reasons why you are considering a revision of the mascot and logo?

About the evilly evil look...

I think the look that they're trying to represent is that of fierceness and that's how a hawk would most likely appear...that's simply their nature.

You have a very challenging project, Mikael...

Oh, you mean the mascot and logo shown in this thread are the new revisions? Sorry...I thought they were the first drafts and subsequently abandoned in favor of what's currently in hawkhost.com.

Are there any reasons why you are considering a revision of the mascot and logo?

About the evilly evil look...

I think the look that they're trying to represent is that of fierceness and that's how a hawk would most likely appear...that's simply their nature.

You have a very challenging project, Mikael...

We're having more and more people want to use a logo whether that's partners or customers. We've had problems with partners not wanting to use the current one so wanted to revise it so that would no longer be a problem.

I think it's going to be hard to please every partner.

The issue was brand awareness and associating with us so here:

post-2-12707557948048_thumb.png

Vs something like this:

post-2-12707559401258_thumb.jpg

The Frog Host one is a newer better look to be giving to people when they want something. So it's not entirely about pleasing all partners it's also about standing out in the partner lists we're on or in any other document we use.

The issue was brand awareness ...

Ah, I see what you mean.

...but it does look better as the mascot has his thumbs up as it makes him look a bit friendlier and welcoming.

I agree with Fowler about the posture. The thumbs up in your old mascot sends out a very positive message about your hosting. The new mascot has his finger pointing up - according to some interpretation of this body language, it's to caution or a request to stop whatever behavior that prompts this reaction. Another interpretation of finger pointing in the air is to add emphasis by a person of authority/power. I think finger pointing generally does not show positivity. The only exception is when a finger and wink is directed at a person, then it shows positive appreciation.