3 Years, 9 Months Review

CharlesM

It's been a while, since I last sat down and wrote a review that pertains to the web hosting service that I utilize for my hobby-type websites. So, instead of heading off to bed, as I probably should, since it is a little after two o'clock in the morning here where I am, I have decided to post anew on the subject of the quality and service of the web hosting that I receive from HawkHost.

First things first, let's summon a few links from reviews and commentaries that I have posted pertaining to HawkHost in the past, in these very same HawkHost forums.

http://forums.hawkhost.com/topic/1163-christmas-card-2010/

http://forums.hawkhost.com/topic/1053-10-month-3-week-review/

http://forums.hawkhost.com/topic/1108-one-year-review/

http://forums.hawkhost.com/topic/1849-two-year-review/

My two year review was probably the most negative thing that I have ever had to say about the company. Understood properly, it was a single support ticket episode that left me disappointed - disappointed for the very simple reason that it made me feel like a number - rather than a person. My desire was to underscore my dissatisfaction with being made to feel like a number. I closed that two year review by saying, "Perhaps my recent experience is nothing more than a mere aberration."

Now, as I sit here in the future of that past episode, I look back across the entire span of time that I have been purchasing web hosting services from this company that is Hawk Host. Once again, out of the blue, I choose to speak about my first-hand web hosting experience with HawkHost.

In hindsight, looking back, I feel that I must - and should - conclude that that singular support ticket episode that I spoke about during my two year review was, indeed, an aberration. Neither before nor since, have I felt the same way towards and about the company. Even then, the range of my criticism of the company was limited, though vocal.

Since the last review, which was back on November 26th, 2011, unless I have inadvertently missed a review since then, which I don't think that I have, I have endured no bad or negative episodes with the company. Indeed, there really hasn't been one heck of a whole lot of support ticket episodes for me to factor in to this new review of the company.

Over the span of almost four whole years, the web hosting service has been reliable, to say the least. My sites tend to be up. Whatever downtime that there may have been over the last several years has been, in my considered opinion, minimal and inconsequential.

The price charged by HawkHost is fair, the quality of the web hosting is excellent, and the service, with that singular exception noted in my two year review, has been superior.

I don't wake up on any day wondering whether or not my websites will be up and running. They are - and they will be. That's just how it has been. That has been my experience. That remains my expectation, an expectation that I am fully confident will be met - by both the equipment (hardware) and the staff.

The very fact that the HawkHost staff left intact my two year review in these forums, a review that directed criticism at the company, is proof-positive to me that they value me as a customer, and that they don't simply try to craft a positive public relations image by deleting criticism of their staff or their service. It is heartening, in this day and age, to find that one's web host of choice is able to resist the temptation to paint a false picture.

Because my web hosting service has been so reliable since that two year review point, my interactions with company support personnel have been very limited. Consequently, there have been very few opportunities for me to relive some of the positive quality episodes of the past, which made such names as Tony Baird, Brian Farrell, Cody Robertson, and Fabian Porter the "faces" of the company for me. I haven't a clue what any of them actually look like, and so it is their respective names that BECOME the face of this entity known the web hosting world over as HawkHost. Providing top notch service is no crime in any land, and so, while there has been less personal interaction between they and I, in the year and nine months since my last review, nonetheless, I still feel a personal connection to the web hosting service that I receive.

And so it is that almost four years after I began entrusting my web hosting needs to this company, I remain confident that I am in good hands. I have no reason of substance to believe that things will change for the worst, even as I simultaneously have every reason to believe that the quality web hosting service that I am used to will remain intact. And that, my friends, is a good thing to feel!

I would encourage these Hawks of the web hosting world to continue to fly high on the winds of good service, and to view all criticism that blows their way as opportunity to raise the bar even higher. In doing so, they become one with the concept of commitment, incarnate, and they get their chance to, yet again, be the best that they can be.

Know, one and all, that I commend these Hawks, for a job that has been more than just well done. I salute the legacy of good service which you, both collectively and as individuals, have visited upon the web hosting world. It was a legacy well worth building, and even now, years after the fact, it remains a legacy well worth preserving.

Hail, ye noble Sons of the Hawk! God speed in all your web hosting service episodes that grace your business going forward.

With satisfaction at - and appreciation for - your job well done!

And lest I be remiss, I really do enjoy having Softaculous at my disposal. It has proved to be a boon, a time-saver and a real jewel for me. I know, of course, that many web hosting providers offer it, these days. Even still, I am less concerned by what the web hosts that I don't use offer than by what the web host that I do use offers.

To any and to all who might be in search of a good web hosting experience with a reliable web hosting provider, I can - and do - in good conscience issue this personal recommendation for HawkHost.

Without reservation,

- Charles -

http://GrimFinger.Net
http://PlayByMail.Net

We meet again :)

For starters, I wanted to let you know I'd printed out your post at http://forums.hawkhost.com/topic/1163-christmas-card-2010/ with a single line bolded. "It's all about relationships" -- My MO ever since I've been in charge of our customer service + daily operations has been to build loyalty and relationships to Hawk Host, both with all of our staff and every single customer. The mark of a successful company is what your customers say behind your back. I constantly see your note and am reminded of what I'm here to do. It helps at times :)

I don't wake up on any day wondering whether or not my websites will be up and running. They are - and they will be. That's just how it has been. That has been my experience. That remains my expectation, an expectation that I am fully confident will be met - by both the equipment (hardware) and the staff.

This is our expectation as well, and it is our responsibility. Our systems team is (in my biased opinion) one of the most responsible and competent in our industry. We've become so exceedingly efficient at dealing with server issues that most of the time I don't have to stop my day at all to deal with it. 2 years ago that wasn't the case but I have nothing but trust in that team, and so should our customers.

The very fact that the HawkHost staff left intact my two year review in these forums, a review that directed criticism at the company, is proof-positive to me that they value me as a customer, and that they don't simply try to craft a positive public relations image by deleting criticism of their staff or their service.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, I almost prefer negative criticism to positive. Negative reviews show me the cracks in our otherwise stable ship. We'll never censor these forums or any reviews folks leave us so long as they are accurate and present all the facts fairly. If we screw up we deserve the criticism.

I have no reason of substance to believe that things will change for the worst, even as I simultaneously have every reason to believe that the quality web hosting service that I am used to will remain intact.

If things do change for you and it isn't in the right direction, just let us know. If the issue you're reporting doesn't get the attention you feel it deserves, you know how to get a hold of me.

With satisfaction at - and appreciation for - your job well done!

Thank you, both personally and on behalf of everyone else here. These things keep us going during the long days :)

As I've mentioned previously, I appreciate you taking the time out of your day for these reviews. Your reviews are above and beyond the most eloquent and well written ones I have seen in my time in the hosting industry. That not only applies to our company specifically but any I've read across the internet. I don't know if writing is a hobby or profession for you but it should be one or the other, you're rather enjoyable to read.

I'll make sure both Tony and Cody see this review as well. They're busier than ever but I know they'll take time out of their day to appreciate what you've said.