How can I increase traffic to my blog?

netsavy006

I provide my signature on every forum I'm a part of. I promote on the various board that are promotion boards and I try to keep my promotion thread on the first page. I've been posting content on a daily basis. Sometimes 2 posts a day.

I've also submitted to digg and stumble upon.

What more can I do to promote and get traffic to my blog?

You could also add your blog to blog directories, Overtime, you'll also gain more and more search engine traffic as you add more posts and your blog matures. I gain a lot of traffic to my blogs in the beginning with submitting to blog directories and then after a few days usually a good amount of search engine traffic starts to pour in and increase every week. Good Luck!

Where can I find blog directories?

What do they look like and how do they function?

Google "blog directories" for a list of them or check out 20 Essential Blog Directories to Submit Your Blog To .

You need to register for an account at each blog directory. Different blog directories will have different registration forms but generally, you will be asked for your blog's url and a category it belongs to.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/7/2010 at 8:04 AM, netsavy006 said:

I provide my signature on every forum I'm a part of. I promote on the various board that are promotion boards and I try to keep my promotion thread on the first page. I've been posting content on a daily basis. Sometimes 2 posts a day.

I've also submitted to digg and stumble upon.

W.gif

What more can I do to promote and get traffic to my blog?

It is simple...

create a facebook page of your site,

create pinterest account

create instagram account

every single post on your site, try to link it with a post on those social media

You can get your blog into Google's search space by creating links to it on other sites.

Even better is getting a link to appear on another popular site.  Then more people
will see it, which in turn will lead to more links and more searches and more visits.

If the link text includes likely search terms for your blogs, people will find their way there
when they search those terms. That is, if they are specific enough to your blog that
you don't end up on page 35 of the search results.

Also, it will depend on the contents ... if what you write ends up in search results
and isn't buried by more popular sites who write about the same thing, you will
get more traffic that way.

All these gimmicks (directories, pings, etc.) probably work to some extent,
but in the end, if you have what people want, they'll find you.