Big error when I open and edit file

PhucVu

Sorry for the troubles! This is a known bug with cPanel from their most recent update, unfortunately the issue is not on our side and as a result we're not able to implement a proper fix. The cPanel team has been notified, they have an internal ticket open, and we hope to have a fix in the coming days (if not sooner!). Thanks for your understanding :)

On 11/19/2019 at 12:13 AM, PhucVu said:

My cpanel have a big error when I open and edit file. When I open and edit any file in file manager, the file only display blank, no text :(

Given that it's a cPanel problem, you'll just have work around it.

Fortunately that's easy: download the file, edit it on your own computer, and upload it back.

That may be inconvenient for some, but it's my normal way of doing things
(without the download part: I keep everything on my computer, make changes and then upload them.
That's necessary if a change is across multiple files, or you want to test it out first.)

What an embarrassing error on the part of cPanel!

On 11/20/2019 at 10:51 PM, tgonhawk1 said:

Given that it's a cPanel problem, you'll just have work around it.

Fortunately that's easy: download the file, edit it on your own computer, and upload it back.

That may be inconvenient for some, but it's my normal way of doing things
(without the download part: I keep everything on my computer, make changes and then upload them.
That's necessary if a change is across multiple files, or you want to test it out first.)

What an embarrassing error on the part of cPanel!

The bug was was thankfully fixed a few hours after being reported. We assume the bug was caused by security fixes they released earlier in the day. Hopefully cPanel have added unit tests for this specific case with the file manager so a similar bug won't come up again.