PayPal safety

ChrisR

Well after reading loads of forums around it look like a lot of people selling virtual good are scammed a lot. Like the buyer putting in a dispute as there is no why to proof they have received the item? I was making a commercial product but thinking again about it now. So how do you guys sell with paypal and not get scammed?

Well virtual goods are not covered by buyer protection. If you tell Paypal that in a dispute you should win it almost every time. We still lose some or have a charge back but it's just something we deal with. It's not like every user who signs up goes and disputes the payment.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply's, Okay so if someone puts in a dispute paypal will most likely give them there money back? also how would it work if in my TOS it says there's no refunds coz the software if full viewable code? also how long do you have to wait until its safe to take the money out of paypal?

Hello,

Thank you for your reply's, Okay so if someone puts in a dispute paypal will most likely give them there money back? also how would it work if in my TOS it says there's no refunds coz the software if full viewable code? also how long do you have to wait until its safe to take the money out of paypal?

intangible goods are not covered under buyer protection. You should win 99.9% of all disputes unless their bank reverses it or they do a credit card charge back. If they do win nothing you can really do but if you find them running your software on their site send a DMCA to their host and keep doing it until they stop running the software.