Experience with godaddy & hawkhost

frankvh

Sounds like an awful situation. I hope everything continues to be great with us. Switching hosts is a headache that's for sure. You were at least able to migrate we have customers who's provider locks out all reasonable facilities to even move by disabling backup systems :(

It's pretty funny hey? It's totally 100% real, nothing made up or anything. I spoke or emailed with a total of 4 different "tech support" people at GoDaddy as they shuffled me around; they were all equally clueless. It amazes me that a company can continue to function with that level of skill-set of their employees. It also surprises me just how much they've slipped in the 4 or 5 years since I started using them.

I'm quite happy to have moved. I'm even happier that it was a relatively easy move - no horror stories of lost data or anything like that.

I have never been unfortunate enough to be hosted by Godaddy... I have been with my fair share of bad hosts. Cirtex and Lunarpages were the worst and i could write a book on why each of them are run by a group of goldfish with no braincells between them.

Moving hosts is a pain in the backside but thankfully i have finally found a good host here and with the brilliant speed and uptime, who can complain? When i have needed support it has always been fast here and actually helpful which compared to the previous hosts i mentioned it is a world of difference.

I have been with HH for about 3 or 4 months now and i think the worst thing to happen here all during that time was a problem with AWstats. That is a good sign in my opinion.

Godaddy are only good at 1 thing... Domains. They should stick to what they are good at and leave hosting to people who have a clue what they are doing... Like Tony :)

Godaddy are only good at 1 thing... Domains. They should stick to what they are good at and leave hosting to people who have a clue what they are doing... Like Tony :)

Cannot make much money these days offering strictly domains. The money is made with add-on services or hosting it self. We sell domains at $9.95/yr granted we're not a ICANN accredited registrar but we make something like $2.50 per domain if we're lucky. We do resell so our price is a bit higher but say we're paying $7/yr while if you're accredited you pay $4.50 or something (both numbers made up). Even with millions of domains you're not making a whole lot of money.

As for me having a clue I like to believe so :)