20 my sites been hack

zack007

Hi,

It would be best to make a support ticket,  You will get a faster response and they should be able to restore your sites from a backup.  These issues are usually caused by insecure/outdated scripts, weak passwords or someone getting hold of your cPanel or FTP password.

Hope you get your sites back up again

Fowler is correct, this type of issue really needs to be handled via support ticket. There are a lot of account sensitive details we need to go over and that really isn't something we want in a public forum :)

We have a number of tools we can use to determine the source of a compromise and locate security holes in your account so please submit a ticket (if you haven't already) and let us help you.

• 1 month later...

I was a few weeks ago hacked because i used an outdated wordpress plugin. Make sure you update everything.

Short and simple but excellent advice that a lot of people overlook.  Install this great plugin then don't update it for 2 years and get compromised when an exploit comes out for it.  We see a lot of this which could all be avoided in wordpress with a few clicks once in a while.