2 - 5 year pre-payment options

dyb

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if there are any plans to introduce 2 - 5 year pre-payment options for shared hosting accounts?

I'd be interested in taking some if there was a bit of a discount.

You could put money (add some credit but clicking "Add Funds") in your Client Area: https://my.hawkhost.com/clientarea.php

Whenever your hosting bill is due, it will deduct whatever is owed for the year automatically and you wont have to worry about paying your bill as long as there is enough credit in there to cover renewals for a while.

You could put money (add some credit but clicking "Add Funds") in your Client Area...

Thanks for that suggestion theezy. That does allow pre-payment, but doesn't provide any incentive for doing so.

I'm a bit puzzled that longer term pre-payment options aren't offered. It has a few advantages for a business - apart from bringing future cash flow forward, it also locks in customers who might wander off to another host if a better offer comes along.

Thanks for that suggestion theezy. That does allow pre-payment, but doesn't provide any incentive for doing so.

I'm a bit puzzled that longer term pre-payment options aren't offered. It has a few advantages for a business - apart from bringing future cash flow forward, it also locks in customers who might wander off to another host if a better offer comes along.

One year users already complain to us about how they should get refunds 6 months later. I could just imagine the number of 5 year users we'd have this issue with and disputes and chargebacks coming from us denying.

There is also the issue of how much people pay already. So basic plan costs $39.48/yr so in five years that is $197.40. So I imagine someone would want to pay $100 for 5 years. We could not make money when we would be earning $1.67 per month on the account. Cashflow is great and all but there is a point where you're not making money on the accounts. Hawk Host is ran in such a way we're not constantly needing big amounts of cash from users. We make sure that we always have cash on hand or loans available to always acquire more hardware as necessary. So all that extra cash flow would go to waste in helping the company. All we could do with it is collect interest on it in our bank accounts but we would not make enough to justify what people would expect to pay for a 5 year account. If we were selling $120/yr accounts like some providers offering the longer term accounts could work since most of them can make money if on a 5 year payment it works out to $60/yr

• 6 months later...