Hawk Host Support and Domains

Alex

For support we answer all tickets extremely fast in my opinion. You do not get answers like "we're busy come back later" or anything like that.

Well, it would be hard to be slower than my current host. My latest ticket has been on hold for three days. Also, I'm pretty sure they havn't transfered the domain which I have paid them to do. The name servers are still pointing the previous registrar.

By the sounds of things one of our low end reseller accounts would be fine and it would just be a matter of finding one that meets your space and bandwidth requirements. A VPS would make sense if you wish to install custom software so maybe different php modules or linux tools for your sites that are not offered in a shared environment

I think a reseller should be fine. I will really only be using standard php/MySQL.

For transferring domain registration the charge is $9.95/yr per domain and we don't really make exceptions for this. If you're asking about migrating just data and not domain registration then that is offered free assuming your current host is cPanel based.

I would need to transfer around 8 domains to you and would need 2 of the accounts files and databases moving.

For payments, do you accept PayPal?

What is the inode limit for reseller accounts?

Thanks

For support we answer all tickets extremely fast in my opinion. You do not get answers like "we're busy come back later" or anything like that.

I'll second that. I just joined a few hours ago, and submitted a ticket (turns out it was something dumb on my part). Each response was extremely fast- within a few minutes, if that.

Well, it would be hard to be slower than my current host. My latest ticket has been on hold for three days. Also, I'm pretty sure they havn't transfered the domain which I have paid them to do. The name servers are still pointing the previous registrar.

Yeah we defiantly do not let tickets stay for days heck. We have very few tickets that aren't responded to within an hour and resolved.

I would need to transfer around 8 domains to you and would need 2 of the accounts files and databases moving.

Assuming the accounts are cPanel based then we can restore cPanel generated backups.

For payments, do you accept PayPal?

Yep we accept Paypal.

What is the inode limit for reseller accounts?

We do not have any set limit per say. But excessive inode usage does apply so if you had accounts each with 1,000,000 files there might be an issue.

Well, that all sounds good to me. However, I have a slight problem. I registered a domain, tried to transfer it to my host and now I can't acess it from eaither.

Is transfering it again going to make things worse or it a problem at the host?

One final question now, for the username of the main account. Are we able to choose it or will it be randomly generated? For instance, if my login name is nameabc, can I keep that or will it be changed to namexyz?

Well, that all sounds good to me. However, I have a slight problem. I registered a domain, tried to transfer it to my host and now I can't acess it from eaither.

Is transfering it again going to make things worse or it a problem at the host?

One final question now, for the username of the main account. Are we able to choose it or will it be randomly generated? For instance, if my login name is nameabc, can I keep that or will it be changed to namexyz?

The domain transfer might be an issue as you need access to it at the odld registrar still in order to transfer it. I'd check a site like whois.sc to see if it's even active still.

As far as the username we use the first 6-8 characters of the domain. We can change the username upon request however (preferably via ticket right after you make your order)

The domain transfer might be an issue as you need access to it at the odld registrar still in order to transfer it. I'd check a site like whois.sc to see if it's even active still.

The namesevers are still pointing at the first registrar so I'll try that EPP code.

As far as the username we use the first 6-8 characters of the domain. We can change the username upon request however (preferably via ticket right after you make your order)

It is a 6 letter domain. Well, I'll start to get everything ready. I will proberbly place an order in 1 - 2 weeks

Thanks for your time.

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I thought I would add a comment in the interest of anybody trawling through it in the future.

Hawk host support is really 1st class. In fact response times are so fast it's downright spooky.

These boards are pretty quiet, which can be taken as a good sign. Support BBS are typically full of people complaining.