[FIXED] 403 forbidden

Karl

Hi, I am trying to install my licensed vBulletin software on my account but I am unable to access the install directory.

Searching the net has shed some light, it seems you guys have added some sort of security enhancement feature which is denying me access to my folders.

Can something be done about setting the Security Enhanced feature in Linux to permissive on my account so I can install my software please.

So you know, I will be deleting the phpBB3 forum once I am able to install the vBulletin one.

My domain is hetteridge.com

Hi Cody, that's what vBulletin support suggested but it didn't work.

I have placed a .htaccess in the forum root .com/backyard/ and then additionally one in the install directory .com/backyard/install/ but to no avail sadly.

Is there anything else I can try?

Hi Cody, that's what vBulletin support suggested but it didn't work.

I have placed a .htaccess in the forum root .com/backyard/ and then additionally one in the install directory .com/backyard/install/ but to no avail sadly.

Is there anything else I can try?

Did you place just a .htaccess file in the folder or did you add the code that turns off mod_security?

I'd recommend making a ticket they can assist you it sounds like you did not actually add the code that turns it off.

Hi Tony,

of course I added the code, perhaps the code I added was incorrect, this is what I added:

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

I just tried to enter the supportsuite to submit a ticket but it's telling me my email address is not registered, to be honest I am starting to become irritated with this situation, I have never experienced this sort of problem in the 9 years I have used host providors.

Unless you have previously created a support ticket there will be no user for you. There are separate logins for your client area and support suite. If you email [email protected] it should email you a username / password back which you can then use to login. All emails to that address are piped to our helpdesk so doing that will create a ticket.

We did just have a ticket hit the helpdesk which was related to your issue and we did resolve it so I think it may have been you. However, if you have created a ticket and this still isn't resolved please PM me your ticket ID and we'll have a look into it right away.

Hi Brian, yes that was me chap, I had some erroneous stuff in my .htaccess file, your support team removed that code and all is sorted now, please pass on my thanks to the support crew, very prompt help and very professional. :)