Web host recommendations

Hi guys,

I have a few websites using Hawkhost. Right now it seems probable that I will start the process of looking around, doing research, for another web host to use.

I am looking for webhost suggestions, other than Hawkhost.

Reseller hosting is, probably, something I am interested in. I am working on one new website idea now. I really don't think I want to use Hawkhost for the new website, either; so, any webhost suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx.

Edited by 32209

Thankyou for replying Raymond.

Based on recent experience, which involved, for me, significant data loss and time loss, I want to start getting an idea of what other hosting choices are around now.

If no one wants to give suggestions here, in off-topic, that is their prerogative. I did not see that such a question was prohibited AND I know there are, probably, a good number of people, using this forum, who may or may not be current Hawkhost customers, who have experience with other hosts.

Thankyou for making a suggestion, Tony, but, based on today's experience with, I believe, you via Hawkhost support I am not quite sure I should put a lot of confidence in that suggestion. That is, sincerely, the way I feel.

Sorry to hear about the problems you had but it wasn't fair of you to blame them on Hawk Host. Hawk Host announced the migration several days before it happened thus giving customers time to plan or respond. They even gave an estimate of the time it'll take to migrate each account. You knew you had "stuff" that update your website every 1-3 minutes. You seem to be doing a lot of things of which you have no understanding of. You simply cannot go around blaming others for your ignorance.

If you're not happy with Hawk Host, you'll never be happy with any other hosts. You need to change your attitude, not your hosting. Sincerely, period.

Edited by speedturtle

The time frame of data sync was a little higher as on a shared IP we have to migrate all data across and in this case Titan had a lot of users on one of the IP's with a lot of data. Totally did not expect this and in other cases still did not cause issues. This user as well as 2 others had some data (MySQL) come out of sync. We offered both other users the option of us syncing things again they accepted. This user declined our offer so there is not much more to talk about here.

So down time can be up to 5 minutes to re-route the IP. Migrating data takes longer we try to get the non database heavy insert sites in before the database ones as well. It's just a difficult juggling game to play. Which is why we encourage users to make tickets if they have an issue and we can re-migrate data like we had for a few.

Speedturtle you obviously made a post saying, in my opinion, virtually any incendiary thing you could think of, I believe, in an attempt to prompt closing of the thread.

You do not know the particulars of what transpired in my situation AND you certainly should not know what website this is regarding, because I have never posted the name of that website in these threads. So, Speedturtle, where are you getting ANY so called information regarding a website, one of mine, that I have not named in this, or any other thread, in this, or any other, forum. TONY Baird, I think, deleted the significant details regarding this particular issue from another thread on these forums, but, even that thread did not display the name of the website involved.

Speedturtle, you have no clue, whatsoever, as to what I "seem to be doing". You do not know me, you do not know what knowledge I have or do not have and, it is clear to me, you do not realize that I certainly can blame others who are to blame. That is how blame works, Speedturtle. You blame the party that is to blame; just as I have done.

You do not, should not, know the significant details regarding this particular situation so your attempt to bait me, apparently, into some form of incendiary conflict, especially by your use of DISPARAGING terminology, is RECOGNIZED for exactly what it is and I proclaim that it has zero worth to me. In fact, due to the OBVIOUS nature of what you are trying to do, I mostly smiled, then laughed, at your, in my own opinion, rather juvenile attempt to, I think, elicit some kind of incendiary response from me. So, maybe I should explain to you, Speedturtle, that you, specifically you, can not make me angry, in the way that you appear to desire to, by posting disparaging comments about me as related to an issue you should not have specific information regarding in the first place AND about someone, me, that you certainly know nothing about.

Further, you have no idea of my attitude, or even whether I have one present at all. Again, an attitude is not necessarily required to blame those who are at blame.

And, Speedturtle, you certainly, in my opinion, "fell off your stage", when you made your grandiose claim that, according to you, Hawkhost is the only host that anyone, presumptively on the entire planet, can be happy with; otherwise they can not be happy with any host. Actually, I think I laughed at you, Speedturtle, for writing that bit of, I can not escape the conclusion, worthless gibberish. Out of all the, what, billions of "properties" hosted on the Internet, with, probably, hundreds of thousands of different web hosts you, Speedturtle, claim that no one, in the whole world, can be happy with any of those hosts if they do not like Hawkhost. That actually made me laugh, Speedturtle. Maybe I should start telling the entire World that no person will truly be happy with any singer if they do not like, are not happy with, ELVIS.

Speedturtle I, in this off-topic thread, asked for a webhost recommendation other than Hawkhost. You did not provide one.

Speedturtle, are you out of your teen years yet? Oh, and you really should, in my own opinion, visit the appropriate medical setting for terrible headaches. They could be signs of an aneurysm. When aneurysms burst they, many times, are not brought under control soon enough to save the patient.

Edited by 32209