MySql

JohnakaMe

Hi, I am currently thinking of setting up my site with HawkHost, and have been very impressed with what I read here and at WHT .

I recently bought a hosting plan with another host company, and after getting setup and installing Joomla, PHP-Nuke, and anything that used MySql was very slow, to the point that it would sometimes time out. Keep in mind that I have no visitors or traffic, and these were out of the box installs setup through control panel. Their support said everything was fine on their end, and it must be my internet connection. I am certain it is not my connection. I have had several host in the past, and have never had an issue like this. It literally would take 10 -15 seconds to load homepage with just one visitor.

On a side note, while browsing here I went to http://www.hawkhost.com/Network and was getting 21000kbps for Download and 3900 for upload, which I assume is respectable.

Anyway, before I sign up, are there any sites that use your shared hosting that you can show me that use MySql , like Joomla or WP so I can see that load times are decent? My needs are pretty small, maybe a 1000 hits a month , if that. Some downloading maybe of scripts and code. I understand with shared hosting, I will not get blazing speed, but do think with no traffic and just basic site, it should load faster than what I was getting. I just don't want to go through that again.

Just want to chime in here and say we do offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all shared and reseller services. So if you sign up and find you're still having issues, give our support team a chance to work with you and look into it. If you're still having issues, just submit cancellation and ask for a refund and you'll get all your money back and can look for a new solution.

Like the guys have said though, we have plenty of users running PHP/MySQL driven sites without issues so I suspect you'd be happy with the performance.

Just want to chime in here and say we do offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all shared and reseller services. So if you sign up and find you're still having issues, give our support team a chance to work with you and look into it. If you're still having issues, just submit cancellation and ask for a refund and you'll get all your money back and can look for a new solution.

Like the guys have said though, we have plenty of users running PHP/MySQL driven sites without issues so I suspect you'd be happy with the performance.

Haha yep XD definitely the performance is thumbs uppp hands upp