CPU spikes and account throttling

MarkOz

My account, a small website with an attached phpBB forum and very low traffic, apparently breaches CPU limits every single day, so most of the time the site is slow because of cpanel throttling.

Using Resource Usage, I found that when these spikes occur, there is actually NO activity on my Raw Access Logs.

Is anyone else experiencing slow site access due to CPU throttling?

My account, a small website with an attached phpBB forum and very low traffic, apparently breaches CPU limits every single day, so most of the time the site is slow because of cpanel throttling.

Using Resource Usage, I found that when these spikes occur, there is actually NO activity on my Raw Access Logs.

While this is being discussed in detail in your support ticket as it relates specifically to your account we did want to reply to this publicly and acknowledge that forums, or any software, can slow down for a number of reasons. Whether it's plugins, themes, or other underlying factors it can all contribute to a gradual slowdown over time.

In addition to posting on our forums you may want to look at other phpBB specific communities for feedback on how to optimize performance or see if anyone has experienced similar issues. Maybe someone else within our forum community is also able to provide feedback if they've been using phpBB for their own sites.