IPB Issues

speedturtle

After adding a reply to a thread, the main index would display instead of the thread I was replying to. IPB sends an Url ( e.g. http://forums.hawkho...ge__gopid__2946 ) that does not exist, hence the index page is displayed.

Not critical but a nagging annoyance.

That's very strange I'll see if I can get that fixed.

Edit: It appears to be our hawkhost custom theme :(

Let's see...

Edit:

How odd, it didn't work for me. :(

I'm using Firefox and did clear cache. I clicked on "Add Reply" button, entered some text and submitted the post. IPB sends this Url http://forums.hawkho...&#entry2952 but the index page is displayed instead of thread.

I'm talking about the IPB cache not anything to do with your system. Very strange you're still getting it.

Even clicking on a post's permalink does not work. The permalink's url address does not appear to exist. In fact, it looks quite strange.

For example, the permalink to the previous post is:

"http://forums.hawkhost.com/page__pid__2955__st__0/page__view__findpost__p__2955"

instead of

"

I tried out the permalinks in Frog Host's forum and they're OK for me.

I bet it must be the permalink's structure that's causing these issues.

Even clicking on a post's permalink does not work. The permalink's url address does not appear to exist. In fact, it looks quite strange.

For example, the permalink to the previous post is:

"http://forums.hawkhost.com/page__pid__2955__st__0/page__view__findpost__p__2955"

instead of

"

I tried out the permalinks in Frog Host's forum and they're OK for me.

I bet it must be the permalink's structure that's causing these issues.

Is it broke now? I changed something on your account

Is it broke now? I changed something on your account

I took a look at my account's settings to see if there's anything that could affect posting but couldn't find any.

What did you change?

Still broke...

Btw, it's OK when I edit a post and Save Changes. Problem doesn't happen for edit post.

I took a look at my account's settings to see if there's anything that could affect posting but couldn't find any.

What did you change?

Still broke...

Btw, it's OK when I edit a post and Save Changes. Problem doesn't happen for edit post.

Well I found a link on my page that was broken. I switched back to the default skin I'm guessing no broken links now?

Tried the Search function. When the search results are displayed, I'm unable to go to any of the posts because the links are all broken. Are your links broken in your search results page?

Yeah it's broken so it's not the theme after all. I'm going to have to do some digging find out what causes this to happen.

Yeah it's broken so it's not the theme after all. I'm going to have to do some digging find out what causes this to happen.

OK...it's getting warmer...

If I were to land on this thread via MainIndex > Off-Topic > IPB Issues, the permalinks shown on all posts are correct.

Edit:

Yup! After adding this post, I continue to remain in this thread.

So...the problem only happens when I land on this thread by directly clicking on the "View last post" or "Go to the first unread post: IPB Issues" from the Main Index. Clicking on those links seem to break all links subsequently.

What do you think, my dear Watson?

OK...it's getting warmer...

If I were to land on this thread via MainIndex > Off-Topic > IPB Issues, the permalinks shown on all posts are correct.

Edit:

Yup! After adding this post, I continue to remain in this thread.

So...the problem only happens when I land on this thread by directly clicking on the "View last post" or "Go to the first unread post: IPB Issues" from the Main Index. Clicking on those links seem to break all links subsequently.

What do you think, my dear Watson?

It's something with the friendly url's on frog host they were never fully enabled. I've made a ticket to IPB because it makes no sense. They work fine except on a few links which involve new post or whatever then all the links on that page are broken.