VPS or Semi Dedicated Hosting?

tribale

Hello,

I'm new to website server.
My site takes 200GB up to 250GB/month based on cloudflare with visitor ~10.000 visits/day and it's still growing.

I'm using shared hosting on hawkhost but it's seems the cpu usage everyday at some hour it's reached CPU USAGE 99%.  Then my visitor is gone because my site can't running properly.

I would like to know, Do I need to upgrade the plan to have the site running fine?if yes what plan do I need to take?

11 hours ago, tribale said:

I'm using shared hosting on hawkhost but it's seems the cpu usage everyday at some hour it's reached CPU USAGE 99%.  Then my visitor is gone because my site can't running properly.

I would like to know, Do I need to upgrade the plan to have the site running fine?if yes what plan do I need to take?

If your site is hitting its CPU usage limit that likely means you're using all available PHP processes trying to serve your requests. Often times this can be fixed by optimizing the application/software you're using to run the site. I'm making an assumption here and guessing  you're using WordPress as it's our most popular CMS. If that's the case enabling LiteSpeed cache on your sites through cPanel using the LiteSpeed Web Cache Manager interface could solve all your problems. A quick look at their WordPress benchmarks when using caching shows how much of an improvement you'll see when utilizing caching.

If that doesn't fix the issue then an upgrade to either semi-dedicated or a cloud compute would be your next step. As for which plan would be better our team can advise on that but we'd need you to submit a ticket for that so we can pull up your specific account details, investigate your usage, and recommend the right upgrade path.

11 hours ago, Brian said:

If your site is hitting its CPU usage limit that likely means you're using all available PHP processes trying to serve your requests. Often times this can be fixed by optimizing the application/software you're using to run the site. I'm making an assumption here and guessing  you're using WordPress as it's our most popular CMS. If that's the case enabling LiteSpeed cache on your sites through cPanel using the LiteSpeed Web Cache Manager interface could solve all your problems. A quick look at their WordPress benchmarks when using caching shows how much of an improvement you'll see when utilizing caching.

If that doesn't fix the issue then an upgrade to either semi-dedicated or a cloud compute would be your next step. As for which plan would be better our team can advise on that but we'd need you to submit a ticket for that so we can pull up your specific account details, investigate your usage, and recommend the right upgrade path.

Hello, 
Thanks for reply Brian,

I thought it was downtime, till I see almost everyday my website down for 2min to 30min and I notice it was my cpu usage overlimit while I check in cpanel.

For a beginner like me who don't have backend knowledge about cpanel. There is no email notice that my shared is hitting a limit or I need to upgrade my server because the limit. Even when I submit the ticket, it give me a vague answer that I already follow it but the problem still there.  It's kinda make me frustrated.

12 hours ago, tribale said:

Hello, 
Thanks for reply Brian,

I thought it was downtime, till I see almost everyday my website down for 2min to 30min and I notice it was my cpu usage overlimit while I check in cpanel.

For a beginner like me who don't have backend knowledge about cpanel. There is no email notice that my shared is hitting a limit or I need to upgrade my server because the limit. Even when I submit the ticket, it give me a vague answer that I already follow it but the problem still there.  It's kinda make me frustrated.

Can you DM me your ticket ID if this is still an issue so I can follow up with you there?