Cloud Compute

anshardjie

I want to upgrade the hosting package, but I don't know exactly the package I need. I think I want to try to use the cloud. But I have a few questions, hopefully this forum can help.

What is the difference between shared hosting and cloud hosting? the price of the hosting package is the same. Does the cloud compute package need skill to configure the server? I honestly don't have the skills to do that.

The next question, if I rent a cloud compute package, do I also need to lease a litespeed license and cPanel license? What is the function of cPanel license and webhost lite license? Finally, is the cloud now available on the Singapore server?

Thank you for the help.

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 3.36.36 PM.png

8 hours ago, anshardjie said:

What is the difference between shared hosting and cloud hosting?

Shared hosting and cloud web hosting offer the same features, resources, and pricing. The only difference is the infrastructure they're hosted on. Our cloud web hosting is available in New York City, Dallas TX, Los Angeles, and Singapore, so any orders in those locations are on the cloud. This hosting is different than cloud compute though, which brings us to...

Does the cloud compute package need skill to configure the server? I honestly don't have the skills to do that.

A cloud compute is your own private environment (think of a VPS). You have full root access, and you can configure the environment however you need. If you're not an experienced Linux sysadmin you can still use these plans, it's just strongly recommended you purchase cPanel/WHM with the plan as that will handle almost everything for you.

The next question, if I rent a cloud compute package, do I also need to lease a litespeed license and cPanel license? What is the function of cPanel license and webhost lite license?

Litespeed is not necessary, though it is beneficial for higher resource / higher traffic sites, especially PHP based ones. With that said you can add Litespeed at any point in the future so you can signup without it for now and if you find your sites performance having issues we can add it later (there's no downtime involved with the switch). cPanel/WHM however would be considered a necessity otherwise you'd need to manually install, configure, and maintain your LAMP stack, email server, database server, etc. Purchasing cPanel/WHM with the cloud compute will also give you an interface like the one you're used to using on our shared hosting to easily manage your sites, setup new domains and emails, all those functions.

Finally, is the cloud now available on the Singapore server?

Our Singapore location is fully cloud based so all types of hosting (shared, cloud web hosting, cloud compute, etc.) are on that infrastructure in Singapore.