PHP versions

rgdot

In cpanel choosing Select PHP Version says that current PHP version is 5.3 and when I upload a PHP info file I get the same, but when going into MultiPHP Manager it says system PHP Version is PHP 5.6 (ea-php56) and all the domains in list show as 5.6 inherited.

-I am assuming MultiPHP Manager is wrong?

Almost separate question:

-In MultiPHP Manager if I choose the main domain to change its PHP version it lists that all addon domains will be affected by the change too. What is the best way to only change PHP version of main domain?

19 hours ago, rgdot said:

In cpanel choosing Select PHP Version says that current PHP version is 5.3 and when I upload a PHP info file I get the same, but when going into MultiPHP Manager it says system PHP Version is PHP 5.6 (ea-php56) and all the domains in list show as 5.6 inherited.

-I am assuming MultiPHP Manager is wrong?

It's unfortunately wrong the MultiPHP system is made by cPanel and it's just not as smart. It always displays the current version as what we set the default version globally which right now is PHP 5.6.

19 hours ago, rgdot said:

-In MultiPHP Manager if I choose the main domain to change its PHP version it lists that all addon domains will be affected by the change too. What is the best way to only change PHP version of main domain?

I suspect this is due to the fact all your add-on domains are in your public_html folder meaning they'd inherit their parent folders PHP version. You could either change the document root of all your add-on domains to be below your public_html folder or you'd need to set the PHP version of every add-on domain in the the MultiPHP manager as well.