What is the difference between shared web hosting and cloud web hosting?

yuyiss

Hello! The features, resource allocations, software, and all other aspects of the plans are exactly the same. The difference between our regular shared hosting and cloud hosting is that the cloud plans are based in a fully redundant and fault-tolerant hosting environment. You're less likely to experience downtime due to server or hardware issues since we can automatically move you to a new server if the one you're on does crash. That is a feature which we can only offer in the cloud hosting plans that is not available on our regular shared plans.

Right now our cloud hosting is only available in our New York City datacenter. We're working on expanding the services to other locations soon but for now if you sign up and want to use cloud hosting you should pick New York City on the order form :)

7 hours ago, ePlanetDesign said:

If I order Cloud Hosting but select the Dallas, TX server, will I be updated to cloud hosting when it does become available?

That is the likely scenario for when we open a cloud infrastructure in an existing datacenter. With that being said right now New York City is our only active cloud hosting environment and I cannot say exactly when our other locations will be converted to a cloud infrastructure, though we are actively working on that for a few locations :)

On 7/18/2018 at 12:35 AM, Brian said:

That is the likely scenario for when we open a cloud infrastructure in an existing datacenter. With that being said right now New York City is our only active cloud hosting environment and I cannot say exactly when our other locations will be converted to a cloud infrastructure, though we are actively working on that for a few locations :)

If my upload large files with FTP, the speed is very very very slow , the cpanel speed is slow too . 

the web speed is ok . but when Website moving to hawkhost ,I must upload large files ,I am from China,I choose Las Vegas location. I have refund ,very sorry

We do have other locations you can use if Los Angeles is not fast enough for your upload speeds. Often times users from the Asia/Pacific region host in our Hong Kong or Singapore datacenter. You can use the speedtests from our site at https://www.hawkhost.com/our-hosting-network to see which is best for you and then our support team can move your account to a new datacenter if you wish :)

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2018 at 2:38 PM, das1996 said:

Thanks for making it clear.  Both shared and shared cloud hosting products are available but it's confusing from the order confirmation page which one you're on as it just says shared hosting.

You're right about that and we're actively working on improving that portion of our site / signup process :)