complex Reseller Hosting Question(s)

I have read PRIVATE SERVER NAMES make it appear you are hosting/running your own website like BIG companies do. Is there anything, technical or otherwise, that would reveal you are not actually hosting your own website or, and, that you are using a hosting provider?

For instance, would recipients of your email be able to see information associated with your actual hosting provider? Is there some kind of "lookup" procedure that can be used to reveal you are using a hosting provider? Is it easy for search engines, like Yahoo, Google, to see that you are using a hosting provider instead of hosting your own website?

I have additional questions regarding Reseller Hosting that I, probably, would prefer to address to a Hawkhost executive, or staff member, via "Private Message".

Well the big thing is if someone knew you were hosting with us then why not just go with us directly?

There are still ways to find out we're doing the hosting by checking IP ownership and things like that. It's far more difficult though then giving a user our name servers.

...if someone knew you were hosting with us...
I would not tell anyone who the new website in question is hosted with. My assumption is "they" would not "already know". I am not talking about changing an existing website from shared to reseller w/ private server names.

There are still ways to find out we're doing the hosting by checking IP ownership and things like that. It's far more difficult though then giving a user our name servers.

You mean they could just IP search at https://ws.arin.net/whois, or a similar resource, and it would show the owner as Hawkhost, or whatever hosting company? A dedicated IP purchased via Hawkhost would show Hawkhost as owner as well, right?

Would it be easy to tell my PRIVATE SERVER NAME website is hosted by Hawkhost, or whatever hosting company, due to the email servers and information listed in emails I send?