Question

jerielm

Hello, I've been a loyal hawkhost user since 2011 id like to ask about memory and cpu usage because currenty i am hosting a forum and most of the time my max users is only about 5-10,  Today i added a wordpress blog with only 3 plugins wp super cache, akismet and contact form. 

Below is my stats that i got from my cpanel can you please check if im not exceeding my resource usage, i am not always online and i don't want to get my site suspended.

Also note that when i refersh that memory usage from 80mb drops down to 40-50ish mb, so its not constant 80mb.

24wvash.jpg

Also can you kindly please explain to me briefly what si  I/O usage and among all the resources which one should i be worried most about. i.e cpu usage.  Also regards to memory even tho in my cpanel it shows /1048 i heard that im only limited as much as 128mb, corect?

Thank you

i am not always online and i don't want to get my site suspended

With our resource limiting your site wouldn't be suspended, it would just be limited (whether it's CPU limited, memory, entry processes, etc) until resources were made available. For example if you hit your PHP process limit (7 processes) you wouldn't be able to use another PHP process until one of the previous ones was freed up. The only time you'd be suspended for resource abuse is if your account was impacting the entire server at which point our abuse team would email you to notify you.

Also can you kindly please explain to me briefly what si  I/O usage and among all the resources which one should i be worried most about. i.e cpu usage.

I/O usage is the amount of disk throughput your account can utilize. With your setup (a forum and WP installation) you'll most likely never hit that limit so I wouldn't be concerned about it. Memory usage is fairly self-explanatory it's just the amount of physical memory (1GB) allocated to your account that all of your combined processes and operations can use. CPU usage is calculated based on running processes and you've got access to 1 full CPU and based on your graphs you're not even remotely close to hitting that limit. Lastly entry processes are the total number of running processes on your account at any given time (cron jobs, PHP processes, etc) which again I wouldn't be worried about based on your setup.

Also regards to memory even tho in my cpanel it shows /1048 i heard that im only limited as much as 128mb, corect?

The 128MB memory limit is the default PHP memory limit which is different than your accounts physical memory allocation. You can increase the PHP memory limit in cPanel under the PHP configuration editor, I believe the highest value you can set is 768MB but no single PHP process should be consuming that much memory.