Ruby on Rails

divided

If anyone here managed to get a (very) simple Ruby on Rails application working, could you give me a basic walkthrough of the steps you needed to take?

Even a Helloworld app doesn't work, so I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. Log files are empty, except mongrel.log which doesn't show any errors. Though this line doesn't look reassuring:

** Rails signals registered.  HUP => reload (without restart).  It might not work well.

Thanks,

Divided.

Hi,

I'm having the same issues. Wouldn't it make sense to respond on the forums, so that others may reuse this knowledge later on ?

I got the Rails part working with no issues at all, it works both in webrick (just for testing), and with mongrel started from cpanel. I tested it with lynx using the internal address (x.x.x.x:1200x/).

What I can't get to work is the rewite part. I try to create the rewrite on cpanel, but I can't access the app from the internet. One thing I found odd was that the rewrite was created to x.x.x.x:12008/xpto, but using lynx the apps responds at x.x.x.x:12008/

best regards,

Ricardo Trindade

Hi,

I'm having the same issues. Wouldn't it make sense to respond on the forums, so that others may reuse this knowledge later on ?

Well without any information about an actual account we cannot we really help. We have no way of reproducing the issue so we cannot come up with a solution. If there was a ticket we'd know the account and be able to do some testing.