Pre-sales transfer question

vroomfondel

Getting ready to transfer my sites from a different host to HawkHost, just have a question on how much work I have to do to prepare for the transfer. It's CPanel to CPanel, so shouldn't be any trouble there. I've backed everything up just to be sure and assume that transferring the files/folders/databases is all pretty simple. I'm ust not sure about how settings and users carry over or do they? 

DB user names and passwords: Will they transfer or do I need to set them up again fresh here?

FTP accounts: Same, carry over exactly or will they need to be rebuilt from scratch?

Cronjobs stay the same or need to get re-established?

Will password protected directories still be password protected?

i.e.  what do I have to do AFTER I pay you and open a transfer ticket? What, if any, settings/usernames/passwords.etc do I need to make sure are available or will all of that behind the scenes magic migrate here exactly as it was on the old host?

Thanks.

Getting ready to transfer my sites from a different host to HawkHost, just have a question on how much work I have to do to prepare for the transfer. It's CPanel to CPanel, so shouldn't be any trouble there. I've backed everything up just to be sure and assume that transferring the files/folders/databases is all pretty simple. I'm ust not sure about how settings and users carry over or do they? 

DB user names and passwords: Will they transfer or do I need to set them up again fresh here?

FTP accounts: Same, carry over exactly or will they need to be rebuilt from scratch?

i.e.  what do I have to do AFTER I pay you and open a transfer ticket? What, if any, settings/usernames/passwords.etc do I need to make sure are available or will all of that behind the scenes magic migrate here exactly as it was on the old host?

Thanks.

When you sign up for a new account at Hawk Host make sure to mention that you need migration assistance/open a ticket with support after your account is setup - Hawk Host's support will ask you for the login information for your old cPanel/Host account and they will literally do everything for you, the only thing you will have to do is change your domains to point to Hawk Host's Nameservers and that's it!

I transferred a huge shared hosting account from Croc Web to a brand new Hawk Host shared account and Hawk Host did everything for me after I provided them with my login info at Croc Web, everything was setup and running on my new account in less then 12 hours...I'm sure you will be VERY happy with Hawk Host.

NickL covered most of this but just to break down the specifics:

I'm just not sure about how settings and users carry over or do they?

As it's a cPanel=>cPanel transfer, all your files/databases/settings/emails will all stay the same so long as our systems support what your old hosts did. In 99% of cases it's an identical transfer.

Will transfer without you needing to change anything.

FTP users will come over as well.

These will also stay the exact same.

Our systems should respect/inherit the password protected directories you already have setup.

what do I have to do AFTER I pay you and open a transfer ticket?

All you'll need to do is update your DNS/nameservers accordingly. If you're using 3rd party DNS you'd update your records to point to your IP with us. If you use our nameservers, you'd change them in your registrars control panel to the ones we email you.

Basically, once you sign up and contact us, we'll do almost everything and then just let you know when to flip the DNS :)