uptime reports / server stats

meeotch

Hi - prospective customer here. Does HH maintain a public uptime / server stats page? I wasn't able to find one, and the link to Pingdom in an older post seems to be broken.

It would be great to get info on uptime & server loads prior to signing up. My current host has had all sorts of problems in that area, and they blow their "99.9% uptime guarantee" virtually every month. (Albeit only by a few tenths of a percent.)

We do not maintain public uptime reports and have no intentions of doing it any time in the future. We at one time had them and they were more trouble then they were worth. Receiving tickets for 1 minute blips by the monitoring or even having users complain about outages on another machine.

All issues and maintenance windows are posted on the forums http://www.hawkhost.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5 and we also have a list of all our active servers at http://www.hawkhost.com/Network/serverlist

I see... that's too bad. As a follow-up: are refunds vis-a-vis your SLA processed automatically, then? Or does the user have to set up his own external monitoring in order to keep track of the uptime guarantee? (And will those stats be accepted as valid for this purpose?)

I see... that's too bad. As a follow-up: are refunds vis-a-vis your SLA processed automatically, then? Or does the user have to set up his own external monitoring in order to keep track of the uptime guarantee? (And will those stats be accepted as valid for this purpose?)

SLA is not processed automatically as stated on the page a ticket is necessary along with some accompanying proof. So that could be something like the link to our outage report or your own outside monitoring. If it's your own outside monitoring then keep in mind we'll compare it against our own. The reason being ours is 1 minute intervals and someone telling us we were down for an hour when their monitoring interval is 1 hour is not fair to us if there was a 5 minute outage.