Sign in to follow this  
mmicha

Hawkhost & Office 365

Hello,

I currently use Hawkhost for personal hosting.  I'm looking to possibly move my current employers sites to Hawkhost.  However, we are also going to be switching to Office 365 in the coming months.  I'm wondering if you can use this service with your DNS.

CPanel only allows A, CNAME, and TXT records.  With Office 365 I'd have to create A, CNAME, SPF, TXT, SRV records...

Is this something your staff can create, or is it possible to host sites on Hawkhost while using a 3rd party dns provider?

Thanks.

I'd see no reason why not, just create A and CNAME records in Office 365 to point back to your Hawkhost Domain/IP appropriately, some advanced DNS knowledge required here but Hawkhost won't stand in your way.

Though: Speaking as a Office 365 user as well, the general consensus at my office is Hosted Exchange/SharePoint there is slow and the Exchange has been somewhat unreliable.  Consider using your own Exchange/SharePoint infrastructure if you must go the Microsoft route in this regard.

Hello,

I currently use Hawkhost for personal hosting.  I'm looking to possibly move my current employers sites to Hawkhost.  However, we are also going to be switching to Office 365 in the coming months.  I'm wondering if you can use this service with your DNS.

CPanel only allows A, CNAME, and TXT records.  With Office 365 I'd have to create A, CNAME, SPF, TXT, SRV records...

Is this something your staff can create, or is it possible to host sites on Hawkhost while using a 3rd party dns provider?

Thanks.

SPF records can be setup using the 'Email Authentication' option in cPanel.

As for TXT and SRV records I'm really scratching my head as to why the cPanel interface doesn't let you add those, I could have sworn it was possible but just checked and I'm not seeing the option. In any event, we can add those to any DNS zone for you so just let our support team know the records you need added.

It is also possible to host with us using third party DNS. You'd just need to point your A record to the IP your website is hosted on with us.

@petrosa

Office 365 with Hawkhost works like a charm, we have several customers using this without any problems.

There are some different ways to implent this.

It its possible to use either strictly office 365 or you use hawkkost own MAIL Accounts AND Office 365 in a mixed environment.

(You can let the "mail only" users at hawkhost)

if you need support, with office 365 and hawkhost, i could help you,