E-mail client config on iPhone?

mrayle

Greetings,

At the risk of sounding stupid, I need help configuring my e-mail for my iPhone.

I configured the client as a IMAP with SSL client according to the manual info from the cpanel page.

I can send and receive e-mails, but the mailboxes for my hawkhost accounts always show emails as unread even if I have read the emails.

Anyone have an idea on what I might have done wrong?

Thanks!

This sounds like it may be a bug, whether it's on our side or Apples side is tough to say based on the info we have from this post. Generally if someone has email issues it involves not being able to send/receive for any number of reasons, but the lack of syncing between devices when using IMAP is strange.

If you haven't already I'd suggest submitting a support ticket at https://support.hawkhost.com -- if you have and the issue hasn't been resolved please PM me the ticket ID and I'll follow up for you.

Okay... I should have tried this before posting.  Just before submitting a support ticket, I ran through the easy stuff that I might be asked if I had done and decided that I should try rebooting the phone.

That seems to have fixed the problem.  I guess I got the mail client into a strange state.

Maybe this might help someone else somewhere along the way!

:)