Coupons for existing customers?

Joe.

At the moment (or in the near future),

Do you have any coupons for existing customers about to renew their hosting plan? :) :)

This would be a good idea. One of the many reasons we switch 1x each year is because someone is offering the same thing, but at a better priced offer and yet, many times my current web host could technically match the exact same offer, but only do so to new customers.

I switch ISP's, phones, and tv providers for the same reason.

Do you have any coupons for existing customers about to renew their hosting plan? :) :)

Currently we don't have any listed promotions valid for renewals, though if when you signed up initially you didn't use a coupon we may be able to provide you a discount. There are always exceptions to this as well for extenuating circumstances so feel free to PM me your accounts primary domain name and I'll see what we can do.

The problem is people will sign up using 40-50% one time discounts and then expect an equal (or similar) discount on their renewal. This unfortunately just isn't something we could afford to do so we need to draw the line somewhere on the number and percentage of discounts we provide customers.

It is common practice for company to attract customers with discounts for a set period and then after that period require users to pay full price. You can't really expect HH to be any different in that respect. A way around it is to use a reoccurring discount coupon when signing up and while you may get a smaller discount, you will get it for multiple years which is always nice when it comes to renewal time. Of course for you to really get the benefits over one time coupons, you do need to stay with the company for a longer period of time which is not always possible. It is a risk you have to decide if you want to take though unless you just swap hosts every year but even that has it's own issues.

It is common practice for company to attract customers with discounts for a set period and then after that period require users to pay full price. You can't really expect HH to be any different in that respect. A way around it is to use a reoccurring discount coupon when signing up and while you may get a smaller discount, you will get it for multiple years which is always nice when it comes to renewal time. Of course for you to really get the benefits over one time coupons, you do need to stay with the company for a longer period of time which is not always possible. It is a risk you have to decide if you want to take though unless you just swap hosts every year but even that has it's own issues.

I always sign up using those reoccurring discount coupons. There is a better long term savings in it. And since I always pay yearly, it is the year total I factor in when ordering. ;)

• 3 weeks later...