Upgrade cPanel (Please)

President-Anonymous

So I was told you stay on stable version of cPanel

http://docs.cpanel.n...anelVersion1132

Currently you're using 11.32..3 (build 19)

Given all the security updates and patches .... It would be nice.

We do - we also immediately update upon any security releases. If there is a major change we'll wait a couple of weeks before mass updating our servers to ensure reliability.

It may be worth noting we're on a higher build unless I'm not seeing something? 11.32.3 build 19 had the big security update which they pre-announced early on and responsibly disclosed the issue a few days later as per their initial statement. It had to do with code execution and piped logging if I recall. All of our servers were updated to this immediately and no servers run anything less.

I feel like we go over this more times than not ;)

edit - It appears the server you're on is running 11.32.3 build 19 which has the latest critical update. The rest are misc. bug fixes that are arbritrary and security fixes for things we don't use or don't effect us. There appears to be a potential XSS for one of the third party applications on the server however that's a far cry from critical and effects a small subset of users (if any).

That being said I'm not sure why this server wasn't fully updated - we're more concerned with large bug fixes and security updates than trivial ones (IE: UI tweaks, JavaScript updates, yada yada).

We do - we also immediately update upon any security releases. If there is a major change we'll wait a couple of weeks before mass updating our servers to ensure reliability.

I'm glad, a lot of hosting providers will update the same day and make all of their clients experience issues and it's not fun!

I'm glad, a lot of hosting providers will update the same day and make all of their clients experience issues and it's not fun!

+1, with all the grief I get dealing with updates that did more harm than good (I do a lot of windows/SharePoint development and Microsoft is great at releasing half baked stuff for SharePoint lately), I appreciate Hawhost waiting until the update has proven itself after a few weeks.

edit - It appears the server you're on is running 11.32.3 build 19

YES, I told you that..... See 1st post...

That being said I'm not sure why this server wasn't fully updated - we're more concerned with large bug fixes and security updates than trivial ones (IE: UI tweaks, JavaScript updates, yada yada).

Good question.... Please resolve it as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.