Dedi IP for SSL on shared questions

Garry

Hi,

I have got the Standard shared plan and am thinking about having an SSL Cert. for the account for the order system.

I understand a dedi IP is $3 per month.

1. How is this billed, as in will it be a different date to my shared plan or will it be put in line with it?

2. Will my site have any downtime when the IP is changed?

3. Is there any install cost from you?

4. How would I get the CSR?

1) The dedicated IP will be billed on the same term as your hosting plan so we'd align the billing/renewal dates.

2) The only downtime would be associated with DNS propagation while going to the new IP. That should only affect your ability to reach the site(s) for a few hours or less. Of course the site would still actually be online you may just see it as down since you'd go to the old IP (due to cache).

3) There is no installation cost from us, the only additional price you pay is for the IP, and if you choose to purchase the SSL certificate from us (http://hawkhost.com/sslcertificate)

4) Your private key and CSR can be generated right in cPanel under the 'TLS/SSL' manage. We have a KB article with instructions on doing that here: https://support.hawkhost.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=163

• 1 year later...

4) Your private key and CSR can be generated right in cPanel under the 'TLS/SSL' manage. We have a KB article with instructions on doing that here: https://support.hawkhost.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=163

The above link doesn't work any more.  Is there an update?

In my notes for another webhosting company, I wrote

"Don't use cPanel's CSR generator above.  It only generate 1024-bit keys.  Use Webhost  Main >> SSL/TLS >> Generate a SSL Certificate and Signing Request"

I had access to webhost features when I had a virtual private server but now at Hawkhost I just have a shared hosting account that only has cPanel.

Hawkhost's cPanel 'TLS/SSL' manage SSL Certificate Signing Request looks like the same 1024-bit key generator:

Certificate Request:

Subject Public Key Info:

RSA Public Key: (1024 bit)

Modulus (1024 bit):

My certificate authority won't accept 1024 bits.  Is there an alternative way to get 2048 bits in my shared hosting account?