best (most accurate) stats? without my IP?

canadave

Hey all,

Got a question. I'm running a (very) small podcast off a Hawk Host server, and I was hoping to use awstats to get an idea of how many people are hitting my feed.xml and mp3 files. However, quite a bit of the hits I see in awstats are from me doing uploads, testing, etc. I assume that awstats on Hawk Host does not make allowance for excluding my own IP?

Assuming that's the case, can someone give me some tips on how I might obtain a more accurate reading on my podcast stats? I'm no expert, just an amateur hack, so I'm hoping it'll be something simple :)

Thanks!

Hey all,

Got a question. I'm running a (very) small podcast off a Hawk Host server, and I was hoping to use awstats to get an idea of how many people are hitting my feed.xml and mp3 files. However, quite a bit of the hits I see in awstats are from me doing uploads, testing, etc. I assume that awstats on Hawk Host does not make allowance for excluding my own IP?

Assuming that's the case, can someone give me some tips on how I might obtain a more accurate reading on my podcast stats? I'm no expert, just an amateur hack, so I'm hoping it'll be something simple :)

Thanks!

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this with the standard analytics software - your best bet is to let the visits / stats average out so the numbers are a bit more accurate. One thing you could look at is unique visitors which shouldn't count the same visitor for each request.

I believe with Google Analytics you can filter down unique views for each request (IE: feed.xml) so that may be something you want to look into :).