San Jose Now Online

Joe.

Announcement link:

We're happy to say that our fourth location, San Jose CA, is now officially online and accepting orders. San Jose brings another geographically diverse location to our lineup, and our aim is to improve the user experience for our customers from Asia and overseas. Speedtests, download files, public IPs and other facility information can be found on our site at http://www.hawkhost.com/network/sanjose

To celebrate this launch, we're offering a 50% off coupon code for all shared hosting orders in San Jose only. Use coupon code sjc50 to save 50% off your first payments invoice (any billing cycle)

Pretty awesome. I live in the area. I should drive by and see the servers. lol

I wonder if I had my account moved to that server, I would experience super fast loading? :P

Wow I'm from Asia "Philippines" I'm currently under the cougar server, will i experience noticeable speed gain if i move to that server ? How much is the cost to move a server ? Also i heard you're opening a Singapore Server soon? If yes that will be great because my country is so close to Singapore.

Anwyay i have a question regarding forum, is it allowed to post torrent links or movie links ? So it's basically just index others sites content not to host it on our shared hosting..

Thanks

Wow I'm from Asia "Philippines" I'm currently under the cougar server, will i experience noticeable speed gain if i move to that server ?

It's possible - I'd suggest checking out http://www.hawkhost.com/network where we have speedtests and more information posted about the location.

How much is the cost to move a server?

Location moves are free however there is a limit to the amount of moves you can do.

Also i heard you're opening a Singapore Server soon? If yes that will be great because my country is so close to Singapore.

That's the plan :) -- we expect to be online sometime in Q4 of this year there.

Is it allowed to post torrent links or movie links ? So it's basically just index others sites content not to host it on our shared hosting..

This is a fuzzy area of sorts. While it's not explicitly against our TOS/AUP it is on the line and if we do receive a DMCA or abuse complaint that is valid we'd be forced to take the site down.

• 1 month later...