Busy Invision Board Hosting

DJSpell

Current stats from another hosting provider for my Invision Board

Reported period Month Aug 2008

First visit 14 Aug 2008 - 18:14

Last visit 28 Aug 2008 - 20:13

Unique visitors - 1496

Number of visits - 13583 (9.07 visits/visitor)

Pages - 555460 (40.89 Pages/Visit)

Hits - 2174873 (160.11 Hits/Visit)

Bandwidth - 6.28 GB (485.03 KB/Visit)

Through Awstats in CPanel. Awstats was turned on a few days later after the site launch

Current Bandwidth - Monthly Bandwidth Transfer

7882.28/∞ MB

-------------------------------------------

I was looking at several packages and on my board, we also use a shoutbox script and a chat room script. The current host we have currently is pretty slow and I am looking to move, Wasn't sure if I had to get the Top Tier in the shared hosting plan (I really don't want to slow anyone down) Or look into the reseller plans. I assume that there is more 'cpu usage' under the Reseller plan than there is under the shared hosting plan.....

Thanks in advance for the feedback:cool:

Current stats from another hosting provider for my Invision Board

Reported period Month Aug 2008

First visit 14 Aug 2008 - 18:14

Last visit 28 Aug 2008 - 20:13

Unique visitors - 1496

Number of visits - 13583 (9.07 visits/visitor)

Pages - 555460 (40.89 Pages/Visit)

Hits - 2174873 (160.11 Hits/Visit)

Bandwidth - 6.28 GB (485.03 KB/Visit)

Through Awstats in CPanel. Awstats was turned on a few days later after the site launch

Current Bandwidth - Monthly Bandwidth Transfer

7882.28/∞ MB

-------------------------------------------

I was looking at several packages and on my board, we also use a shoutbox script and a chat room script. The current host we have currently is pretty slow and I am looking to move, Wasn't sure if I had to get the Top Tier in the shared hosting plan (I really don't want to slow anyone down) Or look into the reseller plans. I assume that there is more 'cpu usage' under the Reseller plan than there is under the shared hosting plan.....

Thanks in advance for the feedback:cool:

That shouldn't be an issue - the only concern I would have (just from a webmasters standpoint) is some shoutbox scripts tend to refresh at an unrealistic time (1 second refresh) - if you have a 100 people visiting your site I'm sure you can see the bottleneck.

Granted it wouldn't affect you at your current standing - that's the only "issue" I would foresee in the future - but if you had the delay set properly on the shoutbox it's not even remotely an issue.

(Reason I'm dwelling on the shoutbox is we were hosting a fairly large website who insisted on a 1 second refresh on their shoutbox.. they dropped that idea fairly quickly ;)).

Oh yeah, the one last thing I am worried about was bandwidth, not site bandwidth but loading up site issues, I tested a file coming down and was averaging around 120 to 130kbs, tested early this morning and a little awhile ago....this might sound like a newb question, but if I have 30 to 40 users on my site, does this mean slower browsing of the forum? I'm not sure how the bandwidth gets dispersed per site.

From everything I have heard, you guys seem the fit for me, just worried because the main reason why I am moving away from my current host was site speeds.

Oh yeah, the one last thing I am worried about was bandwidth, not site bandwidth but loading up site issues, I tested a file coming down and was averaging around 120 to 130kbs, tested early this morning and a little awhile ago....this might sound like a newb question, but if I have 30 to 40 users on my site, does this mean slower browsing of the forum? I'm not sure how the bandwidth gets dispersed per site.

From everything I have heard, you guys seem the fit for me, just worried because the main reason why I am moving away from my current host was site speeds.

All our servers have at least 100mbit which is about 12.5Mbytes/sec. We do not limit the speed of sites. The limiting factor for users is latency and actual speed of their connection. So more users on is not going to make things suddenly slower unless you were maxing out 100mbit which you probably can't do when people are browsing a forum.

All our servers have at least 100mbit which is about 12.5Mbytes/sec. We do not limit the speed of sites. The limiting factor for users is latency and actual speed of their connection. So more users on is not going to make things suddenly slower unless you were maxing out 100mbit which you probably can't do when people are browsing a forum.

Thank you for your quick response, you'll see me signing up in a bit