MySQL remotely?

webtester01

I want to connect to MySQL remotely. What host do I use?

Locally and on the server, I can use 'localhost' but let's say I want to test locally and connect remotely, what host do I use?

mysql.hawkhost.com and then connect using my username/password? Do I need to specify a port?

Thanks.

I want to connect to MySQL remotely. What host do I use?

Locally and on the server, I can use 'localhost' but let's say I want to test locally and connect remotely, what host do I use?

mysql.hawkhost.com and then connect using my username/password? Do I need to specify a port?

Thanks.

You should use your domain or the servers hostname (IE: avenger.hawkhost.com). The default port is fine (3306) - keep in mind you need to add the IP of the connecting host via cPanel: https://support.hawkhost.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=144

Don't hesitate to submit a support ticket to our support desk if you have further questions / need assistance :).

I don't understand this part

"First is to use the IP address your site is hosted on. This can be found by logging into cPanel. "

Where's the IP address?

So, for host, I can use avenger.hawkhost.com or my host IP address (where is it?)...and connect using the username/password I created, right?

I don't understand this part

"First is to use the IP address your site is hosted on. This can be found by logging into cPanel. "

Where's the IP address?

So, for host, I can use avenger.hawkhost.com or my host IP address (where is it?)...and connect using the username/password I created, right?

avenger.hawkhost.com would work fine, or you can use the IP listed under the 'Shared IP Address' field on the left side of cPanel once you login.