Pre sale questions

Ran

Hi,

I have a few domains that need hosting, mainly small ones of mine, friends and family, about 8 domains or so.

I use about 1.5gb of storage now (will expand a bit) and monthly bandwidth of 3-5gb.

My budget is up to $10 a month. After reading a bit on WHT your name came up.

Right now I'm on a regular web shared account, but I would prefer a reseller just for separating the cpanels and root access in the ftp.

I see your basic reseller account offers just 1.5gb of storage, while the basic web hosting packages that cost less, offers more - why is that?

I'm just asking cause I might end up needing more than 1.5gb.

Other than that could you please provide link to test your download speed in your various data centers?

Is it possible to get a test ftp account where I could check my upload speed?

Since I'm located in the middle east I'd like to check if there's a good connection with your servers.

Can I choose which datacenter my account will be at? The one I'll have a better connection with of course.

Kind regards,

Ran

Hi,

I have a few domains that need hosting, mainly small ones of mine, friends and family, about 8 domains or so.

I use about 1.5gb of storage now (will expand a bit) and monthly bandwidth of 3-5gb.

My budget is up to $10 a month. After reading a bit on WHT your name came up.

Right now I'm on a regular web shared account, but I would prefer a reseller just for separating the cpanels and root access in the ftp.

I see your basic reseller account offers just 1.5gb of storage, while the basic web hosting packages that cost less, offers more - why is that?

I'm just asking cause I might end up needing more than 1.5gb.

Other than that could you please provide link to test your download speed in your various data centers?

Is it possible to get a test ftp account where I could check my upload speed?

Since I'm located in the middle east I'd like to check if there's a good connection with your servers.

Can I choose which datacenter my account will be at? The one I'll have a better connection with of course.

Kind regards,

Ran

We're looking into revamping our reseller offerings shortly for the precise reason you mention. We'll likely be adjusting them accordingly so shared accounts don't have more disk / bandwidth.

You can find test downloads & speed tests on our network page here: http://www.hawkhost.com/Network . We will not be able to provide you with an FTP however the speed test will test the upstream to the server so that should be sufficient in helping you choose a location. You have the option to choose which facility your put in during the signup process.

For future reference our forums aren't an official support channel so you'll generally get a faster response by submitting a ticket to our support desk at https://support.hawkhost.com

Cheers,

Cody

Wow that was a fast reply Cody, thanks! Could the ticketing system be faster than that? hehe ;)

Washington gives me the best result at about 25kbps on the test files, which is kinda slow.. though the speedtest showing a max of ~600kbps.

But I guess it's the test file that makes the call, right?

My connection is capable of 1500kbps.

Testing again now I get better speeds, 180kbps from home, and 150kbps from another location..

Believe I'll be opening an account with you guys :)

When are you going to change the bandwidth and storage space on the different reseller packages?

If you change it after I register, will my package be upgraded afterwards?

When are you going to change the bandwidth and storage space on the different reseller packages?

Rough time frame would be within the next 90 days, but that can change either way (sooner or later).

If you change it after I register, will my package be upgraded afterwards?

As of right now we plan on giving people the option to stay on the legacy plans, or upgrade to the newest plans and adjust their pricing accordingly.

• 3 months later...