Domain redirect, how do I show different url?

DrWebber

Ive setup a domain redirect, but the address bar shows the destinaiton URL, not the source.

This could be confusing to visitors, whoc would then see an entirely different address to the one they typed. Is it possible to modify the .htaccess file, or other, to show the address they typed, not the actual locaitons.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Ive setup a domain redirect, but the address bar shows the destinaiton URL, not the source.

This could be confusing to visitors, whoc would then see an entirely different address to the one they typed. Is it possible to modify the .htaccess file, or other, to show the address they typed, not the actual locaitons.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

If the domain you're redirecting is hosted on your account you should use the parked domain feature. If it's not then no way around this other than actually pointing this domain at the other machine and having them add entries for it. If you did park it and it's redirecting then the script you're running is redirecting or it's being done in your .htaccess file.

I am using a parked domain to point to the subfolder of my primary domain.. but when you ar actually at the site, it displays the primary domian/subfolder address, and not the parked domain address...

I want visitors to see they are at the parked domain, and not the destination..

eg...

The blog is hosted here:

www.mymaindomain.com/blog1

I want visitors to use:

www.blog1.com

This does redirect them to:

www.mymaindomain.com/blog1

But in the broweser address, they see www.mymaindomain.com/blog1 and not www.blog1.com

Thanks