Reseller Account Primary Domain

techpro

I'm thinking of moving my sites currently hosted at iVhosting.com over to a reseller account at Hawk Host.

When I created the reseller account at iVhosting the main domain of the account was my main site tech-pro.net. That site was subsequently moved to a separate account of its own but it was not possible to remove it from the original account since it was the one the domain was set up under.

All of the domains that will be on this reseller account will be, in effect, client accounts. I am not sure what domain name is best to use when creating the account, since it is theoretically possible that any of them might need to be moved elsewhere during the life of the hosting account.

Could I put tech-pro.net and just not set that site up on the server? Apart from being the most logical choice as the owner of those domains, that would give me the option of moving tech-pro.net there should I need to move it again in a hurry (not that I have any reason to think I might have to do that, but it's always nice to have a backup strategy.)

Putting tech-pro.net as the domain would be acceptable and our order form would allow for that. Another option is to put that domain at the start then email sales and we can change the domain to something else for you. So you could put something like hawkhost.tech-pro.net as the primary domain. Then of course you'd need to setup a dns entry to be able to access that subdomain if you needed it. But a dns entry is not necessary as we do give you the ip you need in order to connect to cpanel and whm.

Thanks for the very quick reply. The subdomain seems like an excellent idea to me, although using the IP address isn't a problem - it's what I have to do at the moment.

One more question. Is it possible for me, through the reseller account, to restore cPanel full backups taken from the other server? I know you can do the migration, but I'd rather take my time and do it one site at a time and check everything is working on one site before moving the next one, so it would be easier to do it myself. It's not that big a deal to upload the pages and recreate the databases manually, but it would save a bit of time if I could just upload and then restore a backup.

One more question. Is it possible for me, through the reseller account, to restore cPanel full backups taken from the other server? I know you can do the migration, but I'd rather take my time and do it one site at a time and check everything is working on one site before moving the next one, so it would be easier to do it myself. It's not that big a deal to upload the pages and recreate the databases manually, but it would save a bit of time if I could just upload and then restore a backup.

It's not a feature in cPanel for resellers to do it so the answer would be no. We're pretty quick about restoring accounts for you though, it's not like you're waiting for days for us to do it or anything like that. All you need to do is set the backup to ftp to your space with us then put in a ticket and we move the file then restore it.