Sending Emails With Python from my desktop

Manny

Hello:

I created a python script to send email from my desktop using a Gmail account and it works great. 

I am trying to do the same for sending an email through an email I created on/for one of my websites but got the following error:

SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, b'5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials j12-20020a05622a038c00b002f340aeffb3sm8086399qtx.85 - gsmtp')

I checked my login information and it is correct in my python program.

Is there a procedure for setting up an external email sending app using python from my desktop, and is there a code sample available?

4 hours ago, Manny said:

Is there a procedure for setting up an external email sending app using python from my desktop, and is there a code sample available?

So long as your script (regardless of language) is using the correct credentials (hostname, email user, email password) to connect to our mail server there are no other special requirements from our side for you to utilize a third party app or program to send email through our servers. Unfortunately we do not have any code samples available for this.

If you continue to experience this issue I'd suggest opening a ticket through https://my.hawkhost.com/submitticket.php so our helpdesk team is able to pull up all your account details, view the script directly, and help debug any remaining issues.