Cpanel subdomain on addon

popres

Hi,

Just signed up for hosting and support has been great sofar. One thing that is very frustrating though is that when a create a ned addon domain,

a subdomain is also created. Say I have dom.com and addon hem.com, then a subdomain hem.dom.com is also created with folders and files and everything. Please edit this, here I found a suggestion how to avoid it if Hawkhost can configure it:

http://nxdomain.cc/de/2007-10-28/HOWTO_force_no_subdomain_with_apache_mod_rewrite

Hi,

Just signed up for hosting and support has been great sofar. One thing that is very frustrating though is that when a create a ned addon domain,

a subdomain is also created. Say I have dom.com and addon hem.com, then a subdomain hem.dom.com is also created with folders and files and everything. Please edit this, here I found a suggestion how to avoid it if Hawkhost can configure it:

http://nxdomain.cc/d...che_mod_rewrite

Hi,

That suggestion is just about mod_rewrite rules it's nothing to do with what cPanel does. This will not change this is done so cPanel can internally keep track of add-on domains as to who owns them and writing out log files.

Hi,

That suggestion is just about mod_rewrite rules it's nothing to do with what cPanel does. This will not change this is done so cPanel can internally keep track of add-on domains as to who owns them and writing out log files.

I see, any solution to the problem I described ? I hope you understand what I mean.

I see, any solution to the problem I described ? I hope you understand what I mean.

There is no solution it has to make that sub domain. It's how it tracks the actual stats, knows who owns the add-on domain. You remove the sub domain and now it's just a lost domain. Just do not link anyone to the sub domain it makes and it really should not matter.

The problem is just that you can't delete the sub, it says something like wasn't deleted because related to domain xyz.com ( that you want to keep of course).

Or should I just delete it from Filezilla ?

As I said you cannot delete the sub domain there is no way to do this it's how cPanel actually manages your add-on domains. So I'm not sure how you'll delete it from filezilla either considering it'll point to where your domain is and you cannot modify the actual web server file or cPanel's internals.