Make Wordpress install my main site

3pane

I installed Wordpress. The install is at it "DomainName.com"/wp/

To see the site and pages on the site visitors would have to go to "domainname.com"/wp/ and "domainname.com"/wp/somepage

I want visitors to type in just "DomainName.com" and see the site. Should I just move everything in the Cpanel File Manager down one directory? Or is there some other way to do it?

(I don't want to do redirect).

Any thoughts would be great.

The easiest way if you just installed the wordpress installation through Softaculous is to reinstall it. When you do the installation this time make sure there is no folder and just your domain and it'll make so it's yourdomain.com/ . If you have already spent a lot of time working on it then you would need to move the files instead down one directory. After you do this you would also need to update any Wordpress settings so it knows the change in location and URL.

On 1/13/2020 at 6:19 AM, Tony said:

The easiest way if you just installed the wordpress installation through Softaculous is to reinstall it. When you do the installation this time make sure there is no folder and just your domain and it'll make so it's yourdomain.com/ . If you have already spent a lot of time working on it then you would need to move the files instead down one directory. After you do this you would also need to update any Wordpress settings so it knows the change in location and URL.

thanks!