MyBB - Forbidden

Demented

Alright well I just recently switched over to your hosting and I am now receiving a problem with my MyBB forum. I cannot do anything in the Admin CP. I keep getting a Forbidden Message:

403 Forbidden

Access to this resource on the server is denied!

Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server

LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

How can this issue be resolved? This has never appeared in any of my past hosts.

Edit: Found the answer. Read here.

Edited by Demented

I imagine the solution was to add the following to the .htaccess file?

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

Actually no.

The solution was to rename the "htaccess.txt" file to ".htaccess". (The one included in the forum package when you download it.)

The htaccess.txt that comes with the MyBB package disables mod_security by default. If you haven't already, rename the htaccess.txt file to ".htaccess" (without the quotation marks, note the leading dot in the filename).

So there you have it folks. If you have this issue with MyBB, there is your solution :)

You don't have to add anything to the htaccess file is what I was trying to say. All you have to do is rename the htaccess file.

In the .htaccess file it probably has those two lines which is why it works. The 403 is a mod_security error the code I gave turns it off for a specific folder and all it's sub folders.