PHP V7 full support needed (Ioncube)

zomex

Hi there,

After some back and forth with support I found out that PHP V7 isn't fully supported with semi-dedicated plans. PHP V7 can be installed but the Ioncube version is not up to date so PHP V7 can't be used for most software such as WHMCS.

When can we expect to see full PHP V7 support?

Jack

For PHP 7 the Ioncube version we currently support is 6.0.6 which is now one version behind due to a new release on 2016-12-02 which has already entered the testing phase from our end so it can be available to users shortly.  We've had Ioncube loaders for PHP 7 for quite a while as well but they do have some incompatibilities with earlier versions of Ioncube encoded applications.  So this can cause some major confusion where the application maker may have versions encoded that only work with up to PHP 5.6 and others that work beyond that. 

For Ioncube loaders that support WHMCS we've had support for them since at least September most likely earlier as I don't have the exact date we made Ioncube 6.0.2 specifically available.

I've confirmed the server you're on when using PHP 7 does load ioncube for both web based and CLI based requests:

PHP 7.0.13 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Nov 10 2016 07:46:27)
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v6.0.6, Copyright (c) 2002-2016, by ionCube Ltd.
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.13, Copyright (c) 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies

What is probably happening is you've modified PHP via either a php.ini or in your .htaccess file and you have code like maybe:

suPHP_ConfigPath
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php56 .php

Or similar lines causing you to override your accounts system php.ini settings and when you switch to say PHP 7.0 you're not loading ioncube at all or maybe even not loading PHP 7 but instead still PHP 5.6 but with PHP 7.0 system ini settings.  So I'd recommend going through looking for this and commenting out any of this code then see if switching between PHP versions then results in Ioncube loading properly regardless of PHP version.  If it still does not work update the ticket and ask it to be escalated as we'd need to search through your account to see where you're overriding PHP settings.