how to change multiple sites from wordpress to wpMU?

JAB2009

Hello. I have several sites hosted as add-on domains under my main .com site. They are all running on Wordpress. I would like to use wpMU to consolidate all of the sites to run on 1 application (wpMU). I don't want them to be sub-domains of each other. I want to keep them each their own domain.

Do you have any guidance on what is the best way to go about this, without loosing any data?

Thank you in advance for any information.

I'm very hesitant to say this is a good idea. This plugin I believe is how you'd accomplish it: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-mu-domain-mapping/ . Although reading about it from some posts on the internet some users are suggesting it'll still be littered with the sub domain references within the blog itself.

It sounds like this might be more complicated than having different wordpress installs for each site. With wordpress now supporting one click updates it's not a huge chore to keep all the blogs updated.