e-mail problem: 550 Verification failed

joe

One of my clients told me that they cannot send e-mail to me. The following error messages are received by them (i think it is generated by their mail server):

> This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

>

> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>

>>>> [email protected] (after RCPT TO): 550-Verification failed for

>>>> 

> 550-The mail server could not deliver mail to [email protected]. The

> account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the

> proper dns entries.

> 550 Sender verify failed

Is it the problem at my side or the problem at their side? If the problem is at their side, can I configure my account so that I will not have problem to receive their e-mails?

Thanks a lot!!

Sender verify is used to verify the person sending mail to you the email address exists. So their email does not exist, they have issues with their dns or some other unknown issue. They should correct this as very few mail providers do not use sender verification.

You're welcome to make a support ticket so we can take a closer look.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've got similar problem, however not on my client's side, though on my side. I know bits and bobs about IT, but not everything around DNS, emails, etc is clear to me ;) that's why i need a bit of help

1. I have created my own domain

2. my friend who's running his own website is hosting my domain / website files on his server - he set everything up himself

3. he's also hosting my mail - so i tried to set up my email account [email protected] in microsoft outlook 2007 (as IMAP!) - as incoming sever i was told by my friend to use their server, BUT for the outgoing sever to use my ISP's smtp.domain.de domain...

4. with some emails i get the following bounceback, i'm confused in terms of who's sever said what (e.g. why does the bounceback sasys it was trying to deliver a messge to me) and whether it's a fault on my side my friend can fix for me...

please help. Thanks in advance. stan

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.

The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected.

Recipient:

Reason: Verification failed for The mail server could not deliver mail to [email protected]. The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries. Sender verify failed