Addon Domains or Reseller Account?

davidl

I only use hosting for personal accounts, no reselling. I want to move off of a reseller account that I have with another hosting company. I currently have a shared account with Hawk Host that I have played with only a little (but so far, very pleased).

My question is, for 3 or 4 domains, is using a shared account going to become unwieldy to maintain and would I be better off with a reseller account? I am looking for low cost, which makes the shared account more attractive, but I am use to the reseller account and WHM, and using addon domains is less straight forward.

Any opinions?

Add-on domains do not have their own cPanel while accounts under a reseller do that's the big difference. So if you're hosting your own sites then you probably do not need your own cPanel. The other thing to keep in mind is if one of your sites gets hacked from some PHP script exploit it will probably go through all the sites. That's the other thing to keep in mind as this situation will not happen when they're all their own accounts.