Propagation

3 Ponds

Propagation is dependent on your ISP and so the only real way to know is based off of the IP that your site is showing for you or the content that is displayed (something you uploaded).

As for uploading you can start uploading files the second you have access to cPanel you do not need to wait for DNS propagation.

In my case, I have the domain registered through Go-Daddy and HawkHost is my website host. I have uploaded the html files for my site using the file manager utility in the cPanel. I put them into the public_html directory.

My web address still brings up my page being parked by Go-Daddy. Does this mean it is not propagated?

Dave

No, I did not. My Hawkhost email told me what the nameservers were and I assumed that was done for me. I will do this when I get home from work.

I assume this must be done by me through Go-Daddy and that is why Hawkhost could not do it.

I am new at this and thank you for your assistance - Dave

No, I did not. My Hawkhost email told me what the nameservers were and I assumed that was done for me. I will do this when I get home from work.

I assume this must be done by me through Go-Daddy and that is why Hawkhost could not do it.

I am new at this and thank you for your assistance - Dave

Yep you're correct it is done through where you registered your domain.