Washington or Dallas?

cuteseal

Hi guys, looking at Shared hosting - what are the pros and cons with regards to choosing Washington DC or Dallas hosting centres?

From the server list, all the specs look the same. What about network backbone speeds to the data centres?

Also, most of my users will be based in Australia - which will provide better speeds for them?

Thanks,

Julian

Both locations have similar backbone providers and other specifications. The only real difference is they're about 30ms apart from each other. So users in Europe for example choose Washington DC over Dallas TX. For you I'd say there would not be much of a difference if at all between the two locations.

Both locations have similar backbone providers and other specifications. The only real difference is they're about 30ms apart from each other. So users in Europe for example choose Washington DC over Dallas TX. For you I'd say there would not be much of a difference if at all between the two locations.

I am in California so naturally I chose Dallas because its closer to me. :cool: