Addon domain without subdomain on main one?

shftr

Our forum is not an official means of support if you need an instantaneous reply you're best to actually contact support via https://support.hawkhost.com/ . To answer the question it's not possible to have cPanel remove the subdomain when creating an add-on domain. It's part of it's system for managing the add-on domains at this point and thus cannot be removed.

• 3 months later...
Hello,

I'd like to ask if it's possible to setup addon domain without creating subdomain on my main one.

To be clear if I have main yyy.com and I add zzz.net, I don't want visitors to have access thru zzz.yyy.com.

Thank you for your answer.

I feel likewise about my addon domains, so I set up an .htaccess file for each of my addons so that when visitors go to zzz.net they get zzz.net, but when they go to zzz.yyy.com, they get a 404 Page Not Found error on yyy.com.

I'm not an htaccess guru of any sort, and this doesn't work perfectly, but what I have is:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} yyy [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://yyy.com/404.html [L,R=404]

(Those three lines go in the .htaccess file in the docroot of the addon domain.)  When the string "yyy" (case insensitive) is found in the host specified in the request, it coughs up a 404.  When that string isn't found, it serves pages normally.  This is working fine for my docroot, but I think it's not doing the right thing for subdirectories, and I've yet to figure out why.