Forum Hosting

PreSaleCustomer

Hello HawkHost!

Orginally I was going to host my upcoming forum at 1and1 hosting but I heard a lot of bad reviews for it so I stumbled onto this site courtesy of Webhostingtalk.com and I haven't heard one bad review yet about this site.So I was thinking recently If I should Come here but before I do I want to know this:

Will My Account Be Suspended If I host a forum(SMF software):

that attracts per say 500 people a day?(For now till March)

Has 1000 members(till March)

Has a shoutbox(5 secound reloading time good enough?)

I plan to use the Standard hosting services?

ALSO I want to know the MQSQL Database limit?

Hello HawkHost!

Will My Account Be Suspended If I host a forum(SMF software):

No

that attracts per say 500 people a day?(For now till March)

No

Has 1000 members(till March)

No

Has a shoutbox(5 secound reloading time good enough?)

Our acceptable use policy states no shoutboxes. Now this is more to protect us from a site with a lot of visitors putting one up. But overall they are very poorly made and make a site with very few visitors like the one you describe be a heavy hitter. You need to ask yourself is your site a forum or a chat site. Every time the shoutbox refreshes that is like having a pageview on your site. I've seen a 1000 visitor a day site generate 100,000 pageviews a day through their shoutbox. So I'd really advise against it or at least put it on one page only viewable to members. That is more reasonable then being on every page and viewable to anyone.

I plan to use the Standard hosting services?

That should be fine.

ALSO I want to know the MQSQL Database limit?

We allow a maximum of 25 concurrent connections and the MySQL space usage is counted against your total usage. As far as databases we have no limit on the number but as I said it all couns against your total quota.

oh ok thanks for the reply.

Also one more thing to add in say by March I want to move to VPS/dedicated hosting. How long does that transfer time take?

Also about the shoutbox thing : I decided I may not want to put it as you stated earlier the shoutbox refresh thing takes to much page clicks. What if I put in an IRC? is that better than a shoutbox or worse?

Thanks again in advanced

edit: sorry for the bad grammer (pretty early in the morning)

oh ok thanks for the reply.

Also one more thing to add in say by March I want to move to VPS/dedicated hosting. How long does that transfer time take?

Once you order it we could have it done within 24 hours depending on the size of your site.

Also about the shoutbox thing : I decided I may not want to put it as you stated earlier the shoutbox refresh thing takes to much page clicks. What if I put in an IRC? is that better than a shoutbox or worse?

IRC is not running through our server so it would be better.