Regular procession of "Domain lookup failure" errors

MisterOrgano

I'm on dal006 and have had an account with HH for 3 1/2 years.

Over the past 18 months, the number of errors recorded (by Host Tracker) as

Domain lookup failure:[domain] Exception:Not_found

has increased steadily. Probably between one and three per month. Each results in a significant downtime, although the monthly average still is over 99.9%

What's the cause of these errors and why am I seeing more of them now?

Based on what it's reporting it cannot find the domain as to why difficult to say does it provide more information? It's strange it cannot find the domain and we'd need more information maybe their trackers are getting blocked by us tough to say. Have you tried visiting your account when it claims it's down? Is it actually down during that time?

Have you tried visiting your account when it claims it's down? Is it actually down during that time?

One intended vistor in Hyderabad, India, last week reported the same error when trying to access the site from their browser, coinciding with a Host Tracker Domain Lookup Failure alert. As I'm using the free version of the latter, the message I quoted is the total error information available.

The HT error periods are often 30 minutes long (once an error is detected, the tracker tries every few minutes to establish a connection).

I have seen access through my own IP blocked on port 80 shortly after using FTP to upload files. I know the site isn't down because it 's available through a proxy server. After five minutes I have access on port 80 again. Perhaps an over-zealous server IP blocker (I don't use Cloud Flare) is responsible for all or some of these?